Thursday, March 31, 2011

Embroidery Hoop Art for Spring

I have been seeing all sorts of these cute embroidery hoop art pieces on crafty blogs for a few months. I am so grateful for the Internet & for the inspiration of all of you crafty people out there, by the way! So I've been meaning to shift gears at our house & welcome spring. I thought I'd give one of these embroidery hoops a try. (Of course as I went outside to take the photo I grabbed it wrong & now it puckers over there on the left where my fingers slipped. Oh well, just ignore that!) So I wanted mine to have a vintage feel to it. I used my Silhouette machine to cut out this cute doily shape on some flocked white heat transfer. Then I ironed it onto some muslin fabric which I then put into the embroidery hoop. To embellish it I made the 3 fabric rosettes from some scraps of Stampin' Up! fabric that I had. I had never made rosettes before. To be honest I actually hated these ones at first. I was going to rip them off & try something else, but now that I am getting used to them I am really liking them. Funny how that happens! To finish the rosettes off I simply glued some pearl beads in to the center.
Here's a close-up:
I wish you could see the flocked heat transfer doily in person, it really looks cool! And overall this was a really quick & inexpensive project-which I love!

No comments: