Monday, April 4, 2011

A Hint of Easter

Can you believe that Easter will be here in 3 short weeks?!?!?! I really can't believe it is April! Wasn't it just Christmas? Time Flies! Well, I have slowly been making some decorations for Spring. I don't really have any specifically for Easter so I made a couple of quick projects this week.
This first idea I got from the girls at eighteen25. They simply bought some cheap, plastic Easter eggs at Target (they already have holes in each end) & strung them together & hung them up. So easy! Mine were a little heavy, so I had to swag them to give some support in the middle.
It adds a nice touch to our mantle:
To see theirs & also to check out their latest Spring subway art click here.

This next project was just as easy. I've had the white "Happy Easter" vinyl for a couple of years now & just hadn't done anything with it. So I bought a pack of think 11 x 14 flat canvases at JoAnn's. They were really inexpensive, plus I used a coupon-yay! I simply painted it a pretty light purple color, let it dry well & then stuck my vinyl on.
Here it is:
Nothing fancy, but it looks nice. I've been debating if I want to embellish it or not. Maybe some cute buttons or fabric flowers? I don't know?

Well that does it for our Easter decor around here! At least for now!

No comments: