Monday, June 20, 2011

Root Beer Float Cupcakes

I have been seeing around online where people make soda flavored cupcakes by simply using a box of white cake mix & a can of their favorite soda. Yes, that's really it! I had been waiting until Father's Day to try out these cupcakes using root beer since that is one of my husband's favorite sodas. So I just mixed a box of white cake mix & one can of root beer together, put it in the cupcake liners & baked them at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. So easy!

Then for the frosting I made a root beer flavored buttercream. I used this super easy buttercream recipe except I used 1 teaspoon root beer flavor instead of the 1 teaspoon vanilla. I have to say that it tasted pretty good! I was so happy that it turned out well! And when you have the frosting on top of the root beer cupcakes & you taste it all together, it is so good! And, of course, the striped paper straws just made them pretty cute! Just like a real root beer float! These were definitely a hit for Father's Day! I'm interested to try them with other soda flavors as well. Maybe cherry coke next? Hmmmm....

No comments: