Friday, July 22, 2011

Ice Cream Birthday Party

We decided to have an ice cream party for my daughter's second birthday. She's not big on cake, but she loves ice cream! And it's the perfect cool treat for a hot summer birthday! I wanted to share a few of the things we did for her little party, it turned out so great!

I made her invites with the Stampin' Up! digital designing software, called My Digital Studio.
Here's the front:
And the back:
I also went ahead & made some thank you cards too:
They turned out really cute! They look even better all printed out. I love the colors!

I also decided (2 days before her party) to make her a little ice cream cone shirt:
I used my Silhouette & the heat transfer material & it was so fast & easy. It probably took me all of 10 minutes to finish. My only complaint is that my fabrics were a little sheer so you can see through them, but it still looked cute.

I also made a birthday hat headband:
Tasha over at Creation Corner has made these & they are just so adorable! Mine definitely isn't as cute & embellished as Tasha's, but it looked pretty cute. Tasha has a great tutorial on her blog on how to make these, check it out here.

Here's the birthday girl with her cute shirt & pettiskirt:
And her super cute birthday headband:

I made a birthday banner using my Big Shot:
With an ice cream cone in the middle, of course:
I made some of those tissue paper pom-poms to hang up too. They are super easy & look really cute. Here is the ice cream creation center:
I made some chocolate dipped cones which were a huge hit:
Some were plain chocolate, some had nuts & some had sprinkles. We also had all sorts of toppings so people could made their own sundaes too. And we had root beer in case anyone wanted a root beer float.

I tried out these yummy sauces from the Our Best Bites cookbook:
It's the hot fudge sauce, the buttermilk caramel sauce & the strawberry sauce. All were delicious! I'm not sure if these recipes are on their website or not too, but you can check here.

Enjoying her ice cream:
She had a special {pink} ice cream bowl too!

After ice cream, the kids went swimming in the little pool in the backyard. It was an easy, stress-free party & we had a blast!

Happy Birthday, Aidynn!

No comments: