Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Daisy Tote Bags

My daughter is in a Daisy Troop this year. It has been so much fun so far. For their meeting this month I was in charge of getting some tote bags for the girls to keep their Daisy books in or anything else they might need to bring to meetings. I had to order these ready-to-decorate canvas totes online since I couldn't find enough in my local stores (I needed 17!). Then I used my Silhouette to cut out each girl's name in the blue & a cute little daisy from the yellow vinyl. I had a bit of a hard time at first getting the heat transfer vinyl to adhere well to the canvas totes. But I used a few tricks that seemed to help: I put a large, thick book inside of the bag before I started so it would be nice & firm to iron on, I heated the canvas bag itself first for a few seconds with the iron, I also used a very thin cloth to lay over the vinyl when ironing it on & then held my iron down firmly for about a minute. Hopefully all of the decals stay on the totes!

I also added some bling to the center of the daisy for a little fun:
They turned out pretty cute, I hope the girls like them!

No comments: