Thursday, December 8, 2011

Handmade Christmas 2011: Card Stock Ornaments

I was in charge of planning & organizing the Christmas progressive dinner for the women of my church this year (about 80 women total). Luckily I had a lot of wonderful women to help me & I think it turned out pretty well. We wanted to have a little something that the women could take home with them, but something that was Christmas-y & spiritual too. And with such a large group of women we needed something that was pretty inexpensive too. I came up with this simple card stock Christmas ornament.
I used my Big Shot to cut out the red scallop circles (I think I cut about 5 sheets of card stock at once so it wasn't too bad). Then I stamped the wreath & the "Merry Christmas" onto white strips of card stock & used my circle punch to punch them out. I also typed up a Christmas scripture on my computer, printed it out & then used the circle punch again to punch it out for the back of the ornament. We glued them all together, punched a small hole in the top & used some pretty green ribbon I had leftover from my niece's bridal shower to add a loop so it could be hung from a tree.

Here's the back side with the scripture on it:
These were quick & easy to put together & very inexpensive.
I hope all of the women liked them!

No comments: