Thursday, January 12, 2012

Monogram Frilly Frame for the Nursery

I'm sure you've seen all of the monogram takes on this fabulous IKEA frame in the blog world. Here's one I made for the new baby's nursery:
I loved this frame when I saw it at IKEA & was wondering what I could do with it. Then I found this fabric that coordinates with the nursery bedding (we already have the nursery set up, just moving the 2-1/2 year old out & the baby in) at JoAnn's & I knew I wanted to do some kind of decor with it for the new baby. Add in blogs & Pinterest where I started seeing this frame with all sorts of creative transformations & I decided on doing a monogram for the nursery. This was such an easy project too-just a little spray paint, fabric & a wooden letter! And I love how it turned out!
I know it's a little bright, but here's the nursery so you can see how it coordinates:
(Don't mind the baby stuff being stored in the crib!)
I loved this bedding when I found it at Target when I was pregnant with our last little girl. I love the bright pink for a change & the hint of green, instead of pastel baby colors. I am glad I finished this & got it all hung up before our little one arrives!

No comments: