Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pocket Calendar Cover

Hi blog friends! Can you believe that my baby is 2 weeks old already?!?!?! I just can't believe it! Time flies with a newborn! Even though those sleepless nights seem never ending, LOL! Well, we are slowly adjusting around here. Quinn is starting to sleep a little better at night which is nice. Hopefully we'll get onto some sort of schedule around here soon. I actually had a moment the other day to do a little paper crafting project. It's nothing fancy, but I thought I would share it with you here.

But first, a photo of Quinn at one week old:
{Love her!}

Now onto my project. I don't know why, but I always have to have a paper calendar that I can write on every year. I do have a slight obsession with calendars. And with lists. I'm a nerd like that. Maybe it helps me to at least feel like I'm organized! Well, I like the monthly kind of calendar where you can see the whole month at once. I have an iPhone, but I just can't seem to get into the calendar on it. I think because I can't see the whole month at the same time. Anyway, I always buy one of those cheap pocket calendars with the plastic cover on them. You can probably find one for $1 at a dollar store, but I got this one for not much more than that at Target. A lot of them aren't very cute either, but they're cheap & a great size for my purse (or now, diaper bag).

I like to make a new cover for my pocket calendar, though, to make it so much cuter! This is so fast & easy too & yes, it's not necessary, but it's just so much prettier when I pull it out now! All I do is take the calendar out of the plastic cover. I open it flat & measure it onto some pretty designer paper. Then I cut the paper. I add an embellishment to the front cover-in this case I just stamped my initial & punched it out with my circle punch & then layered that onto a scallop circle that I punched out & glued this onto the cover. Then slip the cover & the calendar back into the plastic case-done!

So fast & easy & look how cute it is:
These make a great little gift too, especially for teachers!

No comments: