Sunday, March 4, 2012

Easter Silhouette Canvases

Last week my girls & I decided that we wanted to put away the Valentines decorations & get out some Spring ones. Well, we realized don't have any decorations for St. Patrick's Day. Maybe I can come up with some next year. And we noticed don't have much for just Spring in general. We don't even really have many decorations for Easter. Yikes! So I decided to make a quick craft for our mantle for Easter. Since we have a newborn & a crazy schedule around here I needed something fast & easy.

Here's what I came up with:


Easter Silhouette Canvases

These were so, so easy! I just bought some 5x7 sized blank canvases & some Spring-colored acrylic paints at JoAnn's. I painted the canvases, I used about 3 coats on each one so they're nice & bright. Then I used my Silhouette machine to cut out the four different Easter silhouettes with some white adhesive vinyl. Then after the paint on my canvases was dry I stuck the vinyl silhouettes on them. And then I set them out on my mantle. They stand up really well by themselves which is perfect.
I love how bright & cheery these make our mantle! And now we have a little Easter decor!

No comments: