Thursday, February 18, 2010

Some Fun Spring Cards

Here are some fun spring cards for ya! I'm still using & loving my Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper Pad that's available through our current Sale-a-bration promotion. I just love the bright, spring-time colors! I also just busted out my Flower Folds Bigz XL Die for my Big Shot. This die is awesome! It cuts flowers in 4 different sizes (the smallest 2 are shown on my cards & the other 2 are bigger than those, so you get an idea of just how big they really are) & it also scores around the center of each flower so that you can fold the petals up if you want, creating a really neat 3D embellishment. And I know you've heard it before, but I can't live without my Big Shot machine now! It cuts through just about anything! I can't wait to buy some cool fabric to try out with this Flower Folds die. I think it would be super cute to make a matching t-shirt & onesie for my girls to wear during the Spring. I've also seen some pretty cute headband flowers & pony tail holders made using fabric & a Big Shot, so I just might have to try my hand at that too!
For my cards I just ran some sheets of designer paper through the Big Shot (Note: with the Flower Folds die you want to only cut one sheet at a time because of the scoring lines). I picked a bunch of different colors & patterns & then mixed them all up. Then I glued those onto a square of textured Old Olive card stock on the front of a card. Then I punched out a circle for the center of the flower & adhered a button to the center of that. And lastly I stamped my greeting on the front. I used the Fundamental Phrases stamp set because it has many different greetings & I really needed some birthday & thank you cards! It's so easy to make a lot of the same card once you have a layout figured out that you like.
Here's a close up of one of the cards:
And here's the Flower Folds die:
I'm definitely ready for Spring!

No comments: