Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

I am so excited that I finished this project right in time to start the countdown to Christmas! This was pretty easy to do too! I started by making a 12" x 12" scrapbook page in My Digital Studio. Then I had it printed at Costco. Next I grabbed one of my white 12" x 12" frames which I repurposed for this project. I tied some cute blue striped ribbon around one side of the frame, then I put the photo in the frame & put a 12" x 12" metal sheet behind it.

Here's a close-up of the countdown circles:
Then I made some bottle cap magnets, one for each day of our countdown to Christmas! I stamped my images, punched them out with my 1" circle punch, glued them inside of bottle caps, sealed them with some casting resin, waited for them to dry & then attached magnets to the back (top) of each one.

Here's what it will look like on Christmas with all of the magnets attached:
And a close-up of the magnets:
I have a cute tin that I am keeping the magnets in right next to the advent calendar. Each day until Christmas I am going to let my girls pick one out to put on the advent calendar to help us count down! I really love how this turned out!
And...only 23 more days until Christmas!

2 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

WOW--this is seriously stunning! The bottlecaps and the numbers you designed are just perfect!! You could sell these, you know! Beautiful work!

Katie said...

Okay, this is really cute too. Can you make me one too??? ;-) I suck at crafts!